Who is the ideal candidate for breast augmentation in Dubai?
Breast Augmentation surgery is designed to enhance the size, shape, and symmetry of the breasts. It is frequently performed on women:
- Who are unsatisfied with the shape, size and appearance of their breasts
- Who are at least 18 years old or older
- Who are not currently pregnant or nursing
- Who have realistic expectations of their figures
- Who are psychologically stable
What are the various methods of breast augmentation?
- Saline or silicone gel implants
- Autologous fat grafting
How is the procedure performed?
Before making the decision to proceed, a surgeon must evaluate the patient’s physical, emotional and social situation and needs.
The procedure consists of:
1 – Making An Incision
• Below the breast
• Around areola
• Under armpit
2 – Creating A Pocket In The Chest/Breast Area
3 – Placing An Implant.
• Under the breast above muscle
• Below the chest muscle.
What type of anesthesia is required and how long does the procedure take?
• General Anesthesia or deep sedation
• It takes about 2-3 hrs depending on type of procedure.
What are the complications of the procedure?
Loss of sensation
In breast and nipple area which is usually temporary.
When scar tissue forms a capsule that compresses the breast implant, this can occur at anytime after the procedure and difficult to predict who develops it.
• Excessive compression of breast
• Aging of the implants
Who is not a good candidate for breast augmentation in Dubai?
• Young women who have not attained spontaneous breast development.
• Active infection anywhere in the body.
• Augmentation in women who are currently pregnant or nursing.
• Surgical Practices in which product use is contraindicated due to compromise
Does breast implant increases the risk of breast cancer?
Published studies indicate that breast cancer is no more common in women with implants than those without implants.
Does it interfere with breast feeding?
Many of the patients successfully can breast feed but it may interfere in small number of augmented breasts.
What are the investigation that is required before the procedure?
Pre-surgical mammography with a follow-up mammogram 6 months to 1 year following surgery may be performed to establish a baseline for future routine mammography
*Disclaimer: Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery Results Can Vary Significantly Between Patients. In terms of results and expectations, there are numerous variables with every patient, each surgery and every recovery and healing period. For more information click to read our full Disclaimer